It seems our entire time together – 47 years married and best friends for 49 – has always revolved around camp. Actually, that is how we met as teenagers. April’s family camped through-out the summer at Wheatley Provincial Park on Lake Erie. Rob is from there plus he worked there as a Park Ranger while attending Forestry College. Love struck and soon we were married, started a family and continued to work in the field of parks and recreation.
Even before our children (daughter-Rebecca and son-Nathan) could even walk, they were experiencing what it is to go camping. That journey continues in their lives with their own families along with our other two daughters – Grace-Lyn and Kaylea. All of our children, biological, adopted and fostered, enjoyed camp every summer – including Camp Mishewah since 1991.
With out a doubt, camping is the place to slow down, to break the rhythm of regular routines, to sit quietly by a fire, fish in still places, visit with your family and friends, enjoy what each camp has to offer along with learning new things. No doubt many of you could add to this list but suffice to say – camping is like fresh wind for our souls. Camp Mishewah offers this and so much more as there is time to be still, listen for His voice and know that He is who He says He is – our loving, caring, watching over Heavenly Father!
Our theme for week one is “Being Renewed.” God has put together an amazing, anointed, fun loving, God-centred team for our first week of camp. Are you looking for a place where the stars seem to jump out at you each night? Are you looking for a place to learn a new skill (i.e. sailing)? Are you looking for a place to reconnect with friends, make new ones and connect again with God? Are you desiring to be in a place of “Being Renewed?” Then this is where you want to be! We look forward to seeing familiar and new faces (masks and all) as summer takes flight as we enjoy warm nights.
It will be our honour to serve you as week one directors. We are praying that God will direct you regarding camp, for our helpers, camp staff and that God’s Spirit would dwell richly in us and among us. May His Spirit guide you and provide as you look to come to camp with a chance of “Being Renewed!”
Campers are welcome to set up cooking outside. Many campers bring dining tents and camping stoves, and picnic tables are available.
This summer during our July Family Camping weeks, we will be offering takeout meals from our kitchen for preorder. In order to help our kitchen plan and place food orders, meals may be pre-ordered online. Here’s what you need to know:
· Pre-orders may be changed upon arrival at camp.
· Please confirm and finalize your meal plan for the week at your time of arrival.
· Meal orders must be placed at least one day ahead.
· Payment is not required ahead of time.
· All meals will be served in take-out containers this summer and dine-in will not be available due to COVID restrictions.
· Menus are subject to change according to availability of food items from our supplier.
· We are unable to provide special food items for sensitivities/allergies, or food storage. If you bring your own substitutes we can work with you, within limits, to help you to prepare meals. (Please speak to directors upon arrival.)